Friday, August 14, 2015

"Bend me, Lord"

So, once again, it has been forever since I have written. :-/ I was totally planning on it while I was home for the summer, but being there is always so busy and crazy that none of the stuff I plan on doing while there gets done. :-/

Oh well. Last semester ended well and my summer was super great! A much needed time home with my most favorite people. I seriously can't believe it is the middle of August and we just finished our first week of school. Seems like such a blur. 

I arrived last Friday, well really Saturday early morning (1 am), and have been on the go since I arrived. I normally come back about 2 weeks before school starts, but a family vacation was planned for the first week of August before I knew I was coming back for another year. So Betsy so graciously let me come back after it was over so I could spend the week with my family and nephew. So glad to have had the opportunity to make those memories! But in doing so, I had to jump right in to work for the semester. I thank God that there was a group here that took care of our welcome back VBS week, so all I had to do was be on stand-by and make sure that everyone was behaving and focused and doing what they were told when they were told. That was super nice to be able to have a few more days to figure out my thoughts and plans and get things ready for this week ahead.

At the beginning of the week, during our morning staff prayer time, a devotion was read that stated, "Bend me, Lord." Wow. What a way to start off the school year. And I feel as though I will be bent quite a bit this year. For those of you who don't know, I am going to be teaching...in my own classroom...by myself. This is a new challenge as I am not, naturally, a teacher. Some whom have worked with me over the last 2 years may say differently, but I do not consider myself one. Not a classroom one anyway. I have no concept of what children should be learning, I don't like planning, I am not creative, and the list goes on. Thank You, God, that Betsy knows/does/is all those things and has provided me with lesson ideas for the students. YAY!! :-D

I will be teaching Reading Comprehension. I did teach the reading program last year and helped out A LOT last semester in Betsy's class on days that she wasn't there, which were many as she was dealing with a court case as well as had other things going on that took her away from the classroom. So I do have some experience, but all of the planning, etc, was hers. I just followed what she told me to do. This year, it is ALL ME!

I am also dealing with getting readjusted back to life here, being away from home and the things from there, and on my own again by myself away from my family and friends.

So pray for me as I deal with all of that as well as get last minute things together for my classroom and finish up my lesson plans this weekend. As I said this is a challenge, part of the bending process that He will be doing, and, although I was very overwhelmed and anxious and nervous before, I am now a bit more at peace and am trusting that the Lord will not let me fail. Why? Because He is for me. And if He is for me, who can be against me??  (Romans 8:31)

Prayer requests:
-Besides above, the students-that they would be obedient and gain much knowledge through me as I teach. Also, that they would gain a better and more understanding of who God is.
-My relationship with with God would grow more deeply.
-For my financial support. It has dropped quite a bit over this last year.

Thanks, friends. And thank You, Father, for you continual love, grace, and mercy on my life. You never cease to amaze me with Your greatness in both my life and those around me. Thank You, Lord. Be with each of the students and staff as we prepare for the start of another school year with You. Help us as we each go through that bending process.


Some pictures of my bulletin boards:
  

Pictures of my time home:











 





No comments:

Post a Comment