Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ready or not, here they come.

As posted before, I am going to be the dorm counselor for the school. I will no longer be teaching the kids in the classroom (except for the Chapel part one day a week), but will now be responsible for an 8 year old and a 16 year old. I will have to make sure they get up and ready for class, and have them when school  is finished. My first dorm student arrives this afternoon between 3:30 and 4pm. Pray for me as I still have stuff to prepare in the dorm and for the week. Just continue to pray that we all can transition fast and easily as the school year starts.

This morning, we went to Betsy's church, which is Spanish speaking. It was really cool though, because sometimes deaf people come and she interprets for them, but this morning, there weren't any, but she still interpreted so that we could understand. Amanda, my roommate, and Nate, her boyfriend, arrived last Thursday evening, and they came with us this morning too. But Rachel and I took turns/helped each other interpret for them (since Nate doesn't know hardly any sign language, and Amanda has more practice with expressing it then seeing and interpreting it). I was quite surprised how much I remembered and was able to interpret since it has been a LONGGGG time since I've interpreted for a deaf person to a hearing person -confusing for most of you, I know, but my fellow interpreters/people who work with the deaf will understand. I was happy with myself. :)

Since Betsy's church was doing a special offering for the school, I sang and Rachel interpreted during the offering time! My first Sunday in a "real' church (last week we stayed here and had deaf church, so by "real" I mean building), and they already have me singing!! I enjoyed myself and I really felt like praising God while I was singing. :) (Hoping video will upload, if not, it will be on my Facebook.)

So, school starts tomorrow with the VBS that Rachel organized. I am in charge of bible verses, so pray that the kids will be able to understand them and memorize them so they can use them in their lives as they grow older. Pray that God give me the wisdom to handle any/all issues that may come up while in the dorms. Pray for me, in general, as all of this is happening before my eyes and I'm not so sure how that happened! And I am still trying to transition and get adjusted. I am also starting to really, really miss my friends and family. I will need to hear someone else's voice besides my mother's soon (not that hers isn't lovely, it's just the only one I've heard), so be prepared close friends of mine for a chat/Skype date. Know that I miss you and love you guys dearly. <3 Ok, back to work it is before my first student arrives! 

8 comments:

  1. Hey sweet thing,
    See how God takes care of you. You don't have to panic about teaching and can use your wonderful talents carrying, loving and nurturing those kids that are away from home too. You'll be a great example for them and you'll all grow together. Just relax and go at the PR pace. It takes time to adjust to new things. We're here and love you as always! M. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I love you Mama Sue! You know, you are so right! I didn't really think about not teaching the way that you put it. Thank you for bringing that to my attention so I am able to give God the glory that He deserves! <3

      Delete
  2. YEAH!!! You did it!
    Rosa is doing a super duper job on the Bible memory verse lessons :-) If the kids don't learn the verses my memory, at least they will have had some good teaching and we will pray that God will work the concepts into all of our lives :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement!! I appreciate it! :-D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the blog Rosa! I am so excited for you. Yes, it will have its hard days and challenges and days the island does not feel so beautiful and perfect. But remember god does not change his view of us. He sees you beautiful everyday. He sees the island ands its people as beautiful too. Prayers and blessings to you sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! Love you, and blessings to you as well as you prepare for your big day!! So sad I won't be there. :(

      Delete
  4. Hi Sweetie,

    I been sitting here reading, and enjoying your blog.

    You know! Your Aunt Lett always wanted to do what you are
    doing right now.
    One day a few years ago, I had prayed to God to send someone in the family
    to do mission work.

    Our Heavenly Father had answered my prayer.
    He send you out and I am so Blessed with Joy at this very moment.
    I thank God and give Him all the Praises.

    You are so very special, God is going to guide you as He is doing this
    very second.
    Jesus loves you so very much, He had made this your gift from the
    day you were wonderfully knitted in your mother's womb.

    I held you and dried you, and even wiped your nose.
    We laugh and giggle at the littlest things.
    Now I see how you have grown up to be that Beautiful woman, with so
    much love and kindness, that you share with others.

    I Love You My Sweet Special Rose..

    May God Bless You, and Keep You in the Palm of His Gentle hands.
    May Jesus Touch You from the Crown of Your head to
    The tips of Your Toes..

    Love You Bunches, Aunt Lett, xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3 Thank you so much Aunt Lett! You just made me tear up. You are special to me also and I love you and miss you too. <3

      Delete