Thursday, July 25, 2013

Morning Glory

Good morning everyone! Today is my 2nd full day here in Puerto Rico and I am really enjoying myself. Monday and Tuesday kind of blended into one as I had a flight to catch Tues morning at 8:10, meaning I had to be at BWI around 6 am, meaning we had to leave around 4 am to get there! Which also meant that I had to leave my house around 2 am to travel with Rachel (a teen who joined us on our trip last year. She is staying 6 weeks this year to help out with thestart of the school year and see how things are run here at ESD) and her mother who is here for 4 days just getting her settled in. I live around 45 mins away from her and they were letting me borrow a suitcase so I wanted to be there early to pack that up! Since I had to leave my house around 2 am, I just didn't sleep! Hence making both days blend together and get me all confused about what day it is today even!

Tues when we arrived, we kind of got settled in, went to the grocery store, and had dinner with the other missionaries here. Yesterday, we went to the beach in the morning, came back for lunch, chatted with one of the students who was here for a meeting, then I cleaned out my dresser, moved it to my new room, and filled it! It was so nice to put some clothes away and know where some of my stuff was! Then we got ready, piled in the van, and went to San Juan to eat dinner and go to Starbucks for a deaf social.

Today, 4 of us, woke up early and went to watch the sunrise on the beach! B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!! That is why I am up so early! I figured I'd take advantage of the time and get some things done. (Hopefully pictures to come soon.) There is a festival today in town, so we are staying in. Later this morning, we will be putting the chapel back together, since it was just painted recently. There is also going to be a Deaf retreat this weekend, so we have to get things together for that. Then, hopefully, I can move some of the other items from my room now, into my new room. Can't wait for that to be done so I can unpack everything and get organized! I/we also have to clean up the kitchen, so hopefully that can be done this weekend.

Tomorrow is mostly a leisurely day, so I'm not exactly sure what will be going on. Then Sat, Rachel's mom will leave so her, Betsy (the principal), Rachel, and another women who is here for 2 and half weeks, Laurie, will travel to Old San Juan to do some sightseeing, shopping, lunch, etc, before Beth leaves. I get to stay and maybe get some work done and enjoy the deaf people! Then Sunday, we will have deaf church here and probably just relax and get some other things done. No real plans for Sunday.

It has been a good time so far, meeting the other staff, and trying to settle in. This still doesn't feel real to me. I keep having my moments of reality, but one hasn't happened since Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I am just going with it for now. This place is beautiful though. I look out my window and see palm trees and beautiful flowers. Just being here just makes me more in awe of who God is and what He has done. I know that I have No IDEA!! what I am getting myself into (especially hearing some of the stories and things I will have to do), and I honestly don't know totally what is going to happen, but I know that I am to be here. I just look outside and see God. You might think that is strange, but you can see Him anywhere, if you just look.

"Thankfulness opens the door to My Presence. Though I am always with you, I have gone to great measures to preserve your freedom of choice. I have placed a door between you and Me, and I have empowered you to open or close that door. There are many ways to open it, but a grateful attitude is one of the most effective..." Jesus Calling, July 24

Thank You Father, for all you have done for me. You have made a way for me to get here, and be here. Thank You for being everywhere. Thank You for allowing me to see you in many things. Lord, I know that You are going to do some amazing things while I am here, and I just ask that You guide and lead me. Be my strength. Be my peace. Thank You for making this all possible. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. 

2 comments:

  1. Rosa,

    I will be watching your blog and enjoying your journey as you write. We are all so proud of all you are going. I can see GOD working through you every time I read your posts. I can't wait to see pictures. Will you be able to come home at all? How can we send money to you while you are there (if I can help or I can find ways to have others help you)? Let me know. I look forward to reading these posts. Stay safe, have fun, and enjoy this journey that GOD has presented to you.

    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise!! I appreciate the kind words and you following! I will most likely be coming home for Christmas. I just posted a new one, which includes my address, but here it is also:
    The Evangelical School for the Deaf
    HC-01 Buzon 7111
    Luquillo PR 00773-9602
    Have the checks made out to the school and put my name in the memo line. If you are sending me something personally, put the school's name and 'in care of' me. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

    ReplyDelete